WOLVERHAMPTON CYCLE FORUM TERMS OF REFERENCE
The Forum is committed to working together on a consultative basis advising on all aspects of cycle development and publicity with a view to increasing the number of cycle journeys in the City Of Wolverhampton.
The Forum will also work to provide a positive road safety message for cycling in the City so that residents, of all age groups, have the confidence to use the highway network.
- To provide innovation and best practice in the provision of facilities and education and publicity material for cyclists
- to maximize the convenience, safety and continuity of the highway network for cyclists
- to identify and promote the development of suitable off-road cycle routes
- to promote positive images of cycling
- To promote and encourage sports and leisure facilities which actively encourage cycling as a healthy activity
- To give less experienced or returning cyclists the confidence to use the road network safely
- to monitor the existing levels of cycling within the City
- to improve trip end facilities where necessary in line with increased cycle use
- to raise awareness amongst all road users of the needs of cyclists using the highway
- to actively seek cycle links with neighbouring Authorities when and where opportunities arise
- To review the performance of the Forum against its own objectives on an annual basis
- increase the number of cycle journeys in the City in line with the West Midlands LTP target
- to match or better the West Midland average for injury occurring to cyclists, as a percentage of all injury accidents on the highway network