Wolves On Wheels Cycle Campaign works in a number of areas :-
The Campaign's main aim is the creation a cycling culture in the Wolverhampton area.
We lobby local, regional and national government, and collaborate with them as well as other agencies and organisations in order to promote the following issues
- The rights of cyclists and cycle users.
- The promotion of cycling as a mode of transport available to all.
- Road safety including the education of all road users.
- The integration of cycling with other modes of public transport. Bike 2 Rail has been a major area with some notable campaign successes with Virgin Trains at the Station.
- WoW works with the local highway authority to ensure high quality cycle-friendly infrastructure and cycle parking facilities are implemented.
- Cycle Training for all. New and returning cyclists will always have a portion of their journey on the highway.
Wolves on Wheels recognise that :
- All people (including children) have the right to use cycles for independent travel to and from their intended destination.
- We are not anti-car but are instead pro transport choice.
- Cycling offers a quick and easy door-to-door transport.
- Cycles are cheap and easy to run.
- Cycling improves physical and mental health -- cycling is fun!
- Cycling is quiet, non-polluting, takes up little space and does not place demands on limited fossil reserves.
- Cycling is available to everyone, be they rich or poor, male or female, young or old.
Strong Local & National Connections
We are a member of Cycling UK, the UK's National Cyclists' Organisation.
The Sustrans Ranger Group work on promoting and surveying the National Cycle Network routes (NCN 81).
Wolves BUG is our sister organisation for cycling for fun and fitness.
We join with other cycle campaign groups on a local basis with the Bike West Midlands Network.
We are a member of Cyclenation, the federation of cycle campaign groups across the UK.
WoWcc is working with the Council and the Wildside Activity Centre on child, teenager and adult cycle training.