WoWcc REGULAR CAMPAIGN MEETING

The Newhampton Inn
Riches Street
Wolverhampton WV6 0DW
Wednesday 1st July 2015
6.30 pm

1. Agreement of Chair for meeting
The meeting was chaired by Chris Terrell.

2. Attendance
Chris Terrell (chair) (CT); David Wilson (minutes) (DW); Julia Brant (JB); Steve Young (SY); Mike Jenkins (MJ).

Apologies
Received from: Mike Hughes; (after meeting) Steve Spencer.

3. Minutes of last meeting (1April 2015)
Accuracy: Agreed as a true record.
Matters Arising:
Para 4: SY had not sent specific questions to election candidates on this occasion.
CT had ordered printing and received flyers and cards.
Para 6: CT had requested information from Tim Philpot on Active Travel Strategy.
SY had not yet submitted a FOI question on the appointment of consultants. JB was also making other enquiries. Both of these are pending.
Para 7: MJ had provided a WOW report for the April forum.
CT had designed a business card and had it printed (see para 4 above).
Para 10: JR had checked the Newhampton as a venue and it had been used for the informal meeting in May.

4. Notification of Any Other Business
(JB) Fire service accident training.

5. Infrastructure issues
City Centre (Public Realm):
Work on Princess Street seems to be very slow. This will be raised at the next forum along with other queries.
Metro extension:
Representatives of this scheme (Centro and Aecom) are expected to attend the next forum. WOW is preparing issues to raise with them.
Wednesfield Road
Nothing new to note. At the next forum, WOW will seek timescales for actions still pending.

6. Wolverhampton Active Travel Strategy
Nothing new to note. At the next forum WOW will ask about progress on the Draft Report expected in July.
City Show on 12 July: Not clear if BikeRight are represented or WOW may be invited to help.
Action: CT will email BikeRight to enquire.

7. Reports:
Cycle Forum
It had been agreed that detailed information on the Forum would be shown on the WOW website, with a link from the WCC website. This link had not yet appeared.
Ranger group
The ranger group does not yet have a new coordinator. At the next forum, SY will ask about signage on NCN81.
Treasurer
(Inserted in minutes after meeting)
Steve Spencer was unable to attend due to delays in cross-channel travel. He had sent in an apology and financial information as follows: Bank balance at 30 June 2015: £520.39. Inpayments: various members’ subscriptions. Outpayments: refreshments at meetings and publicity materials.
Membership
DW reported that collection of the 2015 subscriptions was almost complete. Two members who had not responded were now on the “lapsed” list.
Website and publicity
SY suggested that “website” and “publicity” should be separated into two functions. For the time being it was agreed that CT would share the “publicity” side with SY. CT suggested that a small ad in the Express & Star showing a QR code might invite interest in WOW.
Action: CT will seek advertisement prices.

8. Correspondence
None.

9. Any other Business
(JB) The Fire Service is offering a road accident training day on 15th July. This had been circulated to WOW membership but no-one is available to attend. Action: JB will request any information documents arising from this.
Refreshments: For this meeting, refreshments had been ordered in advance by Jon Rice who had paid £35. In view of the low attendance (5), those present reduced to the order to £12.50 and a cash refund was received (held by DW).

10. Dates of meetings
The next Wolverhampton Cycle Forum is on Thursday 16th July.
WOW informal meetings are scheduled for Wednesdays 5th August and 2nd September. AGM and campaign meeting on Wednesday 7th October.

 

 

AGENDA

1. Agreement of Chair for meeting

2. Attendance and Apologies for Absence

3. Minutes of last meeting (1April 2015): Accuracy and Matters Arising

4. Notification of Any Other Business

5. Infrastructure issues:
City Centre (Public Realm)
Metro extension
Wednesfield Road

6. Wolverhampton Active Travel Strategy
Further developments (if any)

7. Reports:
Cycle Forum
Ranger group
Treasurer
Membership
Website and publicity

8. Correspondence
9. Any other Business
10. Next meetings (informal and campaign)

Thursday 19th October, 18:00 PM - 20:00 PM
Wolverhampton Cycle Forum October 2017

Saturday 19th August, 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM
Wolverhampton Bike Shed
Saturday 2nd September, 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM
Wolverhampton Bike Shed
Saturday 16th September, 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM
Wolverhampton Bike Shed
Saturday 30th September, 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM
Wolverhampton Bike Shed
Saturday 14th October, 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM
Wolverhampton Bike Shed
Thursday 19th October, 18:00 PM - 20:00 PM
Wolverhampton Cycle Forum October 2017
Saturday 28th October, 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM
Wolverhampton Bike Shed
Saturday 11th November, 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM
Wolverhampton Bike Shed
Saturday 25th November, 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM
Wolverhampton Bike Shed
Saturday 9th December, 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM
Wolverhampton Bike Shed
wow logo