(NB. Following the SGM in July formal Agendas and Minutes for meeting will not be prepared except for the AGM. Record notes summarising decisions taken and action points will be taken, see draft below for recent meeting. I have sent this to those present and a couple of others; if you spot any errors/omissions can you let me know and I will amend and distribute to the supporter base prior to the next meeting)

 

Wolves on Wheels Meeting held at the Great Western on 16/08/17

Present: Nick Squires, David Wilson, Jon Rice, Sheena Jenkins, Steve Young, Harinder Aujla, Alistair Hopkins, Mike Jenkins.

Apologies for Absence: Julia Brant.

 

Infrastructure

  • There was discussion of the draft West Midland Cycle Design Guidelines.

  • Consultation for the Black Country Core Strategy is taking place, cycling is relevant to several sections. Link to the documents can be found on the council website here:

    http://www.wolverhampton.gov.uk/article/11291/How-can-we-help-you-get-from-A-to-B

  • JR will contact Andy Street (WM Mayor) drawing attention to seeming lack of progress on cycling matters in comparison to Manchester.

  • MJ will plan a local ride to take in examples of recently installed cycle routes as examples of better infrastructure starting to become more common.

Display Materials

  • WoW 'business cards' are still current and usable.

  • The A5 fliers could be made usable by application of a label on the flip side highlighting the change to a free supporter basis. DW was happy that his postal address could remain and he would forward any enquiries received.

  • We have had a set of free-standing display boards for several years (free from Wildside Activity Centre when they upgraded) but have never used them. They will be given to Wolverhampton Bike Shed who have indicated they can make use of them.

  • We will still have two 2'x3' display boards suitable for pinning or velcro attachment which could be used as part of a stall if required.

Organisational Matters

  • The bulk of WoW's funds have been withdrawn from the Co-op and paid into a separate account held by JR. DW wrote to Co-op two weeks ago requesting closure of the account and payment of the residue (£3.20) in accordance with the bank's procedures but no reply yet. JR will chase.

  • SY will redesign the front page of the WoW website to make it more user friendly for those accessing via phones or tablets which is likely to be the majority these days, and add an enrolment page for new supporters.

Next Meeting

Provisionally Wednesday 13th September at the Lych Gate

 

Wednesday 15th August, 19:30 PM - 21:30 PM
WOW Social August 2018 - Codsall Station
Thursday 18th October, 18:00 PM - 20:00 PM
Wolverhampton Cycle Forum October 2018
Wednesday 15th August - All Day
Cycle to Work Day
Wednesday 15th August, 19:30 PM - 21:30 PM
WOW Social August 2018 - Codsall Station
Wednesday 12th September, 19:00 PM - 21:00 PM
WOW Social September 2018
Wednesday 10th October, 19:00 PM - 21:00 PM
WOW Meeting October 2018 + AGM
Thursday 18th October, 18:00 PM - 20:00 PM
Wolverhampton Cycle Forum October 2018
Tuesday 15th January, 18:00 PM - 20:00 PM
Wolverhampton Cycle Forum January 2019
Thursday 25th April, 18:00 PM - 20:00 PM
Wolverhampton Cycle Forum April 2019
wow logo