Update no. 1 at 20 July 2017 - Replacing Constitution Update 5 at 5 October 2008
1. The name of the organisation shall be: “Wolves On Wheels Cycle Campaign”, abbreviated to “WoWcc” or “WOW”.
AIMS AND OBJECTIVES
2. The aims and objectives of Wolves On Wheels Cycle Campaign shall be:
- a. To work towards creating a cycling culture in the Wolverhampton area.
- b. To advocate and help to implement high quality cycle-friendly infrastructure and trip end facilities, recognising the whole standard highway network as the cycle network.
- c. To lobby and collaborate with local, regional and national government as well as other agencies and organisations, in furtherance of the following issues:
- (1) The rights of cyclists and cycle users
- (2) The promotion of cycling as a mode of transport available to all
- (3) Road safety including the education of all road users
- (4) The integration of cycling with other modes of public transport.
- d. To promote cycle training for all.
3a. Any person who is interested in helping the group to achieve its aims and willing to abide by the rules of this constitution is welcome as a supporter of the organisation. Each supporter shall have one vote at meetings where a vote is held.
3b. Any supporter whose conduct is deemed to be contrary to the aims and objectives of the organisation, or to have brought the organisation into disrepute, may be expelled by a Special General Meeting called for the purpose.
OFFICERS AND FUNCTIONS
4. At its Annual General Meeting, the organisation shall elect officers to manage its activities. The organisation’s financial responsibility is vested in the officers. Once elected, office is held until the following year’s Annual General Meeting.
5. The officers to be elected are:
a. Campaign Chair
b. Campaign Secretary
6. Functions of officers
a. Campaign Chair:
Lead campaigner with executive responsibility for campaigning action, including delegation of tasks to other active members.
Responsible for receiving and conducting correspondence, maintaining supporter list and disseminating information within the organisation.
Responsible for maintaining records of the organisation’s financial transactions and keeping records in a form adequate to carry out an on-demand inspection of the accounts by any supporter.
7. The organisation may appoint campaign officers and set up working groups at any time and for periods to be agreed.
8a. Meetings shall be informal, except for the Annual General Meeting (AGM) and any Special General Meetings (SGM).
8b. Voting at all meetings shall be by simple majority of members present. In the event of a tied vote, the Chair of the meeting shall have a casting vote.
8c. Notes from meetings should be passed to supporters as soon as possible afterwards, and notice of meetings given on a monthly basis by email.
9a. The organisation shall hold an AGM each year in autumn.
9b. The AGM is open to all supporters of Wolves On Wheels Cycle Campaign and invited guests.
The AGM shall carry out the following tasks:
9c. Receive and adopt an annual report from the Campaign Chair on the organisation’s activities since the last AGM.
9d. Receive and approve a statement of balance, income and expenditure of the group since the previous AGM.
9e. Elect officers for the year following.
9f. The constitution shall be reviewed at each AGM to ensure still fit for purpose (eg. quorums and financial responsibilities).
9g. The quorum for an Annual General Meeting shall be: 2 elected officers, plus 2 other supporters.
9h. A Special General Meeting may be called at the Campaign Chair’s discretion, or at the instigation of at least 4 supporters, in writing to the Secretary, to deal with a major issue or emergency. At least 7 days’ notice shall be given to supporters. The quorum for a Special General Meeting shall be the same as for an Annual General Meeting.
10. On formal notification of an AGM, the secretary shall call for a chair for the meeting and appoint as per response.
11. The organisation’s financial year shall run from AGM to AGM.
12. The Constitution can only be amended at an Annual General Meeting, or at a Special General Meeting called for the purpose. Proposals to amend the Constitution may be submitted to the appointed chair as agenda items.
13. Wolves On Wheels Cycle Campaign may be dissolved by the passing of such a resolution at an Annual General Meeting, or at a Special General Meeting called for the purpose. In the event of a dissolution, any assets remaining after discharging of liabilities will pass to a like organisation to be decided at the time of dissolution.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES POLICY
14. Wolves On Wheels Cycle Campaign is an inclusive organisation which promotes equal opportunity in all its activities. Within the framework of activities in furtherance of the constitutional Aims and Objectives of Wolves On Wheels Cycle Campaign, the following principles are observed:
- a. That no individuals or groups should be disadvantaged by reason of ethnicity, gender, disability, sexual orientation, age, class, income, employment status or religious belief.
- b. That opportunities for all individuals and groups in the community should be increased.
- c. That the diversity of the community should be celebrated and valued.
The equal opportunities policy applies to relations with all individuals and groups with which Wolves On Wheels Cycle Campaign is involved, whether as participants, service providers or collaborators of any kind.
New Constitution formally adopted by Wolves On Wheels Cycle Campaign at its meeting on 20th July 2017.