WOW Meeting 11th April 2018

Those Present:
John Bladon
Sheena Jenkins
Nick Squires
David Wilson
Steve Young
Mike Jenkins

 

Cycle Forum
MJ would include in the WOW Report: Metro diversion feedback, i9 response, new faces/visitors to our monthly meetings.

Others items to raise at forum: Wyreley & Essington towpath improvements, BikeShare - progress, job offer.

 

Clean Air Day
SY will try to attend 16/4/18 meeting in Digbeth
Consider inviting Andrea Cantrill to give a short talk on her experience of placing air pollution monitors locally. Invite other groups? (eg Wolverhampton FOE)
SY to investigate who to contact to nudge WCC to support.

 

Website
SY will write 'What is a Cycle Hub article'
Tweet enquiry from a Solihill commuter admiring our rail station cycle parking survey. SY will offer to host a page for them.

 

Proposals for another multi-storey car park at New Cross Hospital prompted discussion about what cycle provision would be necesary to encourage employees/visitors/outpatients to cycle rather than drive there. SY will draft a survey for next meeting. SJ will tally the number of publically accessible cycle parking places. Need to watch out for planning application and check the Transport plan and any sign of secure cycle parking provision.

 

Also discussed but no actions: Sustrans Big Pedal , GDPR, topics for future newsletters (Suggestions for venues, FAQs for website)


MJ 13/04/18

 

wow logo