Wolves on Wheels campaigns for
- The rights of cyclists in the Wolverhampton area.
- Space for Cycling, a direct, safe and coherent cycle network for work and leisure.
- Secure long and short stay quality cycle parking throughout the borough.
- Better integration of cycling with other transport modes such as bus, rail and Metro.
- Promotions to raise the profile and highlight benefits of cycling across Wolverhampton.
This scheme is part of a general carriageway improvement and adoption of Compton Park
St George’s Parade is a scheme that WCC hope to deliver early in the new year, subject to approval being given. This comes under the Local Growth Fund Managing Short Trips Programme, as does the Ring Road Route which they seek to deliver in 2016.
There is also a preliminary scheme in the Springfield area.
Members are asked to login into the website for details of that proposal.
There are some changes happening around the centre of Wolverhampton that Wolves on Wheels (WoW) has been attempting to influence so that they are beneficial to people who would like to choose to use bikes for more of their daily journeys and to do so feeling relatively safe. How much the Council and others are willing to listen to our inputs and produce good results on the ground remains to be seen as the projects proceed and we remain active in the Cycle Forum and through other meetings to put the case for well-designed infrastructure.
The Centro Cycling Charter was approved by the authority on April 28th 2014.
The Charter is a set of principles for cycling in the West Midlands.
From this Charter, a detailed action plan will be developed.
5% (400% increase) of all trips made by 2023, and 10% by 2033.
Whilst not a particularly ambitious target, the core principles around the charter seem good.
Every child has the right to walk, cycle or scoot to school.
A safe journey to school for every child would oﬀer excellent value for money, be good for our children, our health and our economy.
- Lowered traﬃc speeds - 20mph default speed limit across built up areas to make everyone’s route safer
- Transformed local walking and cycling routes
- Dedicated funding to transform routes and invest in walking and cycling
Together, we can make our streets safer. You can contact your MP today with this easy on-line form.